Sr. DevOps Engineer
- Excellent DevOps engineering skills with public and private cloud (AWS, Azure, VMWare) using DevOps approach with help of Chef, Ansible, Terraform, and Cloudformation, AzureRM Templates.
- Kubernetes CI/CD, troubleshouting, monitoring
- Experienced in script writing using Bash, PowerShell, Ruby, and Python
- Skilled in administration, troubleshooting, provisioning, and orchestration of Windows and Linux stack operating systems Linux/Windows/Hypervisors
- Experienced working with CI/CD servers (Jenkins, Teamcity, Bamboo, GitLabCI)
- Good knowledge of performance and log monitoring tools (Zabbix, Nagios, ELK, Graylog, InfluxDB, Prometheus, Grafana/Graphite)
Nov-2017 - Till Now - Sr. DevOps Engineer Quest, quest.com
Team size 8 DevOps engineers.
Project role: Sr. DevOps Engineer
- DevOps tasks related to automation CI/CD (Jenkins/AzureDevops) in Azure and AWS for Quest products
- Terraform manifests and AzureRM templates authoring
- Monitoring using ELK/Prometheus/NewRelic/AppInsight/PagerDuty/Grafana
- Kubernetes clusters maintenance and troubleshooting
- ELK clusters maintenance/troubleshooting
- automation as usual bash/python/powershell
- Azure AppServices/AppInsight/Storage maintenance and monitoring
- Automation of common and routine tasks of Ops Engineers and Developers teams
- Interviewing and onboarding DevOps engineers, mentoring and task management
Dec-2014 - Nov-2017 - Sr. DevOps Engineer, EPAM Systems, epam.com
Team Size: Dev Team: - 5 .net developers - 2 QA specialists - 2 DevOps engineers - 1 system architect at start of project and 4 DevOps Engineers at the end
Project Role: DevOps Engineer/Lead DevOps Engineer
EU customer project (2014-2017):
- develop Chef recipes and cookbooks to other team members regards customer best practices and prerequisites
- using Hashicorp Terraform for up and run environment instances in AWS cloud
- troubleshooting of running Chef recipes and cookbooks in AWS environment
- used ruby and powershell script and cmdlets for successful develop solution which consist from RDS farm in HA, Always on availability groups in MSSQL windows failover clustering with multiply network addresses
- wrote documentation for customer that’s needed for successfully run this solution in customer environment
- Jira/Confluence l2/l3 support, custom workflows/fields and etc
- Migration of old installation of Jira instances, SVN servers, ftp and git servers
- Security compliance policy checking, hardening servers and applications.
- L2/L3 support for developers from other projects that is used EPAM and exGGA cloud in daily usage
- Jenkins , Docker, Chef, terraform, bash scripting, PowerShell scripting, GitLab/gitlab-ci, octopus
- AWS ASG/S3/ELB/KMS/RDS/EC2/ECS/RDS/ESS, Windows2012r2/2-16/Oracle Linux 7, ELK, Hashistack, Chef, GitlabCI
- MS SQL 2012/2014
Aug-2008 - Jan-2015 - System Administration Department Manager, Liberty Mutual Insurance, liberty24.ru
Team Size: 4 L3 engineers & 4L2 engineers
Project Role: System Administration Department Team Lead
- Creating server and network infrastructure for company to meet the standards of work 24/7/365 by reserving all services.
- Managing hundreds of Windows/Linux servers geographically distributed across the Russian Federation.
- Application and operating system troubleshooting, information security policy compliance
- The project of virtualization based on Vmware vsphere 4/5, MS Hyper-V 2008r2 / 2012 System Center 2012.
- Planning and implementation of high-availability services. Clustering and balancing services based haproxy, BigIP F5.
- Introducing of Zabbix monitoring system, operating system metrics monitoring (SNMP, WMI, JMX), the availability of services (L2, L7 tests), control of replication and backup. Centralizing and analyzing the operating system and application logs based ELK
- Project of implementation MS System Center 2012 (SC DPM, SC CM, SC VMM) for servicing a Windows company infrastructure (patch management, backup and replication, VM orchestration)
- The introduction of project services based on Citrix Xenapp 6.5, the transfer of business critical desktop applications on a farm of 10 servers Citrix Xenapp, balanced by HAproxy/BigIP F5
- Introducing first Devops practices: Chef as coniguration management, CI/CD infrastructure based on Svn/Git, Jenkins/Teamcity, Nexus.
- DB: SAP Sybase (main DB engine for inhouse developed corporate AIS), MS SQL 2012 (1C), MySQL (web sites), PostgreSQL (monitoring)
- OS: Hyper-v 2k12/VMware 5.5-6.0/Centos 5-6/RedHat 5-6/Ubuntu Server 12.04/Windows 2008r2-2k12;
- Applications: Apache httpd, Nginx, JBoss/Wildfly, TomCat 6-7, Citrix XenDesktop, Jenkins, Teamcity, SVN/Git, OTRS; Monitoring: Zabbix with partitioning of DB, advanced application performance checking, alerting etc, ELK stack, log and network devices log parsing and monitoring;
- DevOps/Orchestration: Chef11/12, PowerShell/Bash/Ruby/Python scripting;
- Network: Haproxy, f5 load-balancer, Keepalived, Squid, Ironport;
- Infrastructure maintenance apps: SCCM, SCDPM, SCVMM
Feb-2006 - May-2008 - System Administrator Team Lead, Renaissances Insurance, renins.com
Renaissances Insurance, Saint-Petersburg office system L2/L3 support
Team Size: 3 system administrators.
Project Role: System Administrator Team Lead
- L2/L3 system administration of central office in Saint-Petersburg with 20 branches in city and region
- Administration Windows/Linux server infrastructure, automation of maintainance, monitoring.
- Security policy authoring for Windows Domain and Linux environments for security policy compliance
- System Administration team hiring and onboarding
Environment: Linux/Windows HW/VW servers, Sybase, MS SQL, MySQL, Powershell, cmd, bash
Feb-2004 - Feb-2006 - L2 Support Engineer, Lenta , lenta.com
Lenta Cash&Carry LLC, l
Team Size: 4 members of local support engineers
Project Role: Senior L2 support Engineer
- Participation in the opening of several shopping malls in Saint Petersburg.
- Administration of Windows domain infrastructure (Win2k3, MS Exchange), customer support, order supplies.
Environment: Win2k3 Servers and WindowsXP desktops, MS AD, MS Exchange
Feb-2001 - Feb-2004 - System Engineer, National Library of Russia, nlr.ru
Team Size: 2 Engineers
Administration internal servers:
- Internal and external ftp and web servers (Apache, Proftpd)
- SQL database (PgSQL, MySQL)
- Antivirus, antispam software for MX server
Environment: RedHat Linux, SunOS, Windows NT4, BIND, Squid, Postfix, Sendmail
Graduation Year: 2001 (incomplete)
Name of the Education Establishment: Baltic State Technical University